Sunday, 7 May 2017

ColourPop Lipstick Review


Over the past couple of months, I've progressively gotten more into lipsticks and have been building up a teeny tiny collection. (I've only been wearing makeup for about a year, and even then it's a couple times a month!) I've been really into NYX's range of liquid lip products, and have always wanted to order from a US brand called ColourPop. But due to the location, postage was super expensive, I could never justify an order. However, they released a promotion where, with spends over £30, you could get free international shipping. Straight away, I told Lucy and suggested we put funds together to make an order, and here I am 3 liquid lips and a broke bank account later, writing up my thoughts on my new purchases!


I know their eye-shadows are famous for their amazing pigmentation, but I don't wear eye-shadow too much, so I thought I'd splurge on some new liquid lips!  I ended up choosing 'Frick N' Frack', 'Beeper', and 'More Better'.

My favourite as of yet is definitely 'Frick N' Frack'. Because I'm mixed, my skin tone can be quite difficult to buy for as I never properly fit swatch samples, so I was a little scared that this "rosy terracotta" would be too pink. Luckily, due to the base colour of my lips, it's turned out to be more purple-y, almost maroon, which I ADORE! It really compliments my skin tone, and although it comes out quite dark, I've grown to love a bold lip - so this is perfect!

Now, I chose 'Beeper' because frankly, its a cult favourite. After being branded as a dupe for Kylie Jenner's 'Dolce K' and Kat Von D's 'Bow N Arrow', I thought it would be a waste not to invest! Plus, its just a gorgeous nude shade, and I'm such a sucker for a good nude! When I first put it on, I was a bit unsure as this is quite mauve-y on my lips and I was expecting a more brown tone, but it dried darker and, although I must admit that I'm not a huge fan at the moment, I'm sure it'll grow on me!

Last but not least, the brightest shade of the three, 'More Better'. This is described on ColourPop's website as a 'deep wine', and I was expecting it to come up darker than it did to be honest. I would describe it as more magenta than 'wine', and it looked quite vampire-esque on my then fairly pale skin (I have fake tanned since, haha). However, I definitely still like the shade, I think it's just going to have to grow on me like 'Beeper'!

Despite any negatives I've mentioned, I only have praises for the actual product itself. I adore the packaging, it's so simple and exhibits the lip colour really well. I'm a huge fan of holographic anything, and the text on the boxes that the product came in added a beautiful dimension to a simple design. The formulas of these are to-die-for! Seriously, I've never felt such a smooth application, plus I only need to take the wand out of the bottle once and it covers all of my lips easily. It's safe to say that I'm super impressed by these liquid lips, and will definitely be purchasing more if I get the chance.

Go check out Lucy's purchases for some more ColourPop bits 'n' bobs over on her blog Forever September!

Do you have any ColourPop makeup? If not, are there any items on your wishlist?

- Ashia

23 comments

  1. These sounds really great and the formula seems really good. I haven't actually tried anything from ColourPop myself though!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is amazing! If you get the chance, I would definitely recommend! X

      Delete
  2. I also took advantage of their 3-year anniversary promotion! I got 7 products for 30 dollars, so about 23 pounds. I love Colourpop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! And yes, agreed, thank god for ColourPop! X

      Delete
  3. I really didn't like the colourpop ultra mattes they're really a weird formula but the ultra satins are grey! frick n frack sounds like a lovely shade
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thats fair enough! I do agree - the ultra satin formula is much nicer! X

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried anything from ColourPop yet myself, 'More Better' is defintely my favourite shade of the three. loved the post :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get the chance, do give it a go! Its so lovely isnt it? Thanks! X

      Delete
  5. I don't own any ColourPop but definitely want to! I wish I was more into lipsticks, because they really make your makeup look so much more kickass if you use the right shade and color! The one that I'm obsessed with and probably always will be is Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Its the only makeup im really into to be honest - eyeshadows aren't really my thing! I reaallyy wanna get one of Jeffree's collection, maybe next pay day... X

      Delete
  6. I'd love to try Colourpop, these lipsticks look really cool! I'm a big fan of NYX liquid lipsticks and Maybelline Stay 24, it lasts for ages!

    Kirsty | The Monday Project | themondayproject.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely! Yesss, I love NYX too! Their matte lip creams are amazing, am yet to try the Maybelline ones though! X

      Delete
  7. I have heard so much about the brand but I never got to try them. I had also heard shipping fees were super high! Good to hear they are good products! xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Lucy and I had a nasty £16 customs fee, but to be honest I'd say it was worth it X

      Delete
  8. I've heard so many amazing things about ColorPop products. These lipstick look amazing. I love all the shades. Need to get my hands on them as soon as possible. xo

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get some when you can! They're as lovely as they look :) X

      Delete
  9. These all sound amazing and the colours you decided to pick up are great too. :D

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! They're amazing lip products! X

      Delete
  10. I've never tried any Colourpop product but I've heard about this brand before. I'm in need of a matte liquid lipstick myself so I'll definitely check them out, although I think I'll have to wait for a shipping discount as you did!
    I love the colors, especially the reddish one.

    Samantha | https://samanthacarraro.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i'd defo say wait, expensive shipping is never nice! Its super nice X

      Delete
  11. I love Colourpop liquid lipsticks! It's such a shame about the fees they come with though. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really lame! I'd get more if shipping & fees weren't so steep! X

      Delete
  12. When shipping fee costs more than the product. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Live For Luxe. Design by FCD.